MSU released the Spring Ball Roster and Depth Chart. The Depth Chart at this point is barely worth the internet it's PDFed on. Spring Ball is all about trying out players in new positions or in new situations and seeing how they respond. That said a few notable notations below:
- Injured: Lawrence Thomas, Chris Norman, Bennie Fowler(maybe time to move off the number 13?), Drew Stevens, Pat Rhomberg, Paul Lang(Yay for getting even thinner at TE!)
- Tyler Hoover has moved to the starting DT spot as a WORTHY REPLACEMENT. Leverage might be an issue for a dude who's 6'7" playing in that spot, but hey if he can play, he can play.
- Blake Treadwell begins the spring as starter at the Left Guard spot, he is backed up by Ethan Ruhland, Donovan Clark and ARTHUR RAY!
- Dantonio had very positive comments on Keith Mumphery. I would bet you a nickel that Mumphery and Maxwell have the strongest pass-catching relationship between QB and WR of anyone on the team right now. That counts.
- Shilique Calhoun and Joel Heath are backing up Marcus Rush and William Gholston. Calhoun was compared to Julian Peterson, Heath to Gholston, you shouldn't sleep on either apparently.
- Apparently, Running Back is wide open, per Dantonio? I find this hard to believe, this reads Bell is the number one, but needs to keep his head on straight.
Spring Football is better than no football, but it is Diet Caffeine Free Football. What are you excited to see out of the Spring Season?